Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Barbie Games and Growing Up


I hate the idea of growing up. Growing up seems to say I must move away from childish things, and those, of course, include my Barbie games collection. Personally I love Barbie. I always have. Barbie games were a lot of fun in my youth and they were a great bonding experience between my sisters and I. But as we grew up, Barbie left her dream house less and less and the Barbie Corvette of old was a bit neglected.

But growing up doesn’t mean I can’t play Barbie games at all. It just means I don’t get to spend hours on the floor every day of summer dress and undressing plastic dolls. Instead, I’ve moved on to the grown-up version of playing Barbie games – collecting them.

For the most part, I leave my collected Barbie games in the box to keep them pretty and perfect, but sometimes I’ll open a box and sit the Barbies along the special shelf over my desk. It might seem childish to the die-hards out there, but having a row of eternally happy fashionistas is simply fun and that brings a bit of joy to life.

No comments: