Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Barbie Games: Entertaining Girls for Decades


I had a conversation with a friend today that brought back some serious memories for me. It’s funny how the generations overlap a bit when it comes to classic toys like Barbie games. She mentioned that her two little girls are at the perfect age for playing together. They play Barbie games for hours on end and my friend has realized just how much she can get done. I commented that we don’t have Barbie games at my house, but we do have trains and Transformers that get played with for hours straight. It’s a great age for play.

The comment made me think back however to the time that I was five or six years old and was more than content to play Barbie games for hours with my sisters. We played and played coming up with all kinds of stories and ideas. We made new outfits for our Barbie games and designed fashions and houses for her to play in. Our Barbie games were complex and entertaining. It’s nice to know that almost two decades later, those games are just as popular and are still played the same way.

No comments: