Thursday, December 9, 2010

Barbie Games and Princesses


There seem to be a huge number of Barbie games that are direct reflections of princesses. The Barbie games include the princesses in full regalia as well as the more demure short dresses. Some are even dressed up as baby or junior version of the princesses instead of the more teenage or adult versions. Who knows why they are so popular, but the Barbie games that are really more like princess games seem to be taking over. It’s hard to see why we would possibly need six different princess Barbie games, but you can find them packaged that way.

I’m not saying that princess games aren’t great fun, and I’m not going to argue that we shouldn’t have princess Barbie games. What I will argue is that we have so many princess and movie character Barbie games, we seem to be seriously lacking in the number of Barbies that are really just Barbie. How many blonde-haired beauties are out there on the aisle? Surprisingly few at times. I’m not normally a purist, but in this regard, I think I am becoming one. I want the real Barbie games back.

No comments: