Saturday, July 5, 2008

Barbie’s Hair


Have you ever wondered why Barbie has blonde hair? Why is she a blonde? What if Barbie had brown or red hair instead? I personally don’t care what color Barbie’s hair is – one of my favorite Barbie games is changing her hair to suit me anyway.

A Dye Job
As far as I’m concerned, the best thing about white blonde hair is how easily it can be dyed. And by dyed, I mean colored with a permanent marker. When I feel a need to have a brown or black haired Barbie, I simply grab a marker and get started coloring.

Of course, you don’t have to do a permanent dye job right away unless you want to. You can use washable markers to at least get a feel for what Barbie would look like with different hair – just be careful because water based markers will rub off on everything. They certainly don’t stick to Barbie’s plastic hair for long.

A Cut
Also, Barbie’s hair is always long. This makes it better to braid and do a Barbie hair game, but still, it’s only right that she should have short hair on occasion. When I got tired of my long haired dolls, I’d grab a pair of scissors and take care of the problem. I can tell you – a brown haired Barbie with a pixie cut looks very different indeed.

No comments: