Saturday, June 13, 2009

Three Ways to Improve Barbie Games


If I were given the opportunity to discuss Barbie games and Barbie dolls with the designers, I’d have a few thoughts for those individuals to work on. I love Barbie games, but even the best things need a bit of fixing from time to time. In the case of Barbie games, I have a few ideas.

Give Barbie normal feet. It drives me insane that Barbie is always en pointte. Why does she stand on her toes? I know it’s for her stiletto heels and all, but it seems like a solid pair of boots or sneaks wouldn’t be too terrible either.

Give Barbie more friends. Barbie has a few friends, but not nearly enough. There are so many other kinds of Barbies that it’s hard to find a set of friends to play with at one time.

Let Barbie have more fun. Barbie seems to be spending more and more time working these days. I like the Barbie that gets to have a birthday party, but I’d like it even more if she went back to school and simply enjoyed herself for a few days.

No comments: