Monday, October 1, 2012

Katniss Barbie Games


It’s almost sad to consider, but I sincerely want my own Katniss Barbie games. Like so many others, I've loved the Hunger Games from the very early days of the novels. I've read them many, many times – not just by myself but as part of reading groups and clubs, and I enjoy the novel every time I read through it. Now, many people who enjoyed the Hunger Games have been obsessed with all sorts of things from the movie – including Gale and Peeta.

Not me. I love the story, I have the movie and I’m looking forward to watching it at will. But what I really want is the Katniss Barbie. I have no particular reason to want the doll – I just do. I haven’t played Barbie games for well over two decades, but that hasn't stopped me from wanting to collect my own new Barbie games – in particular the fiery-haired hero from the books and movies. Owning the Katniss Barbie games would be simple enough – just buy it at the store. I haven’t actually taken the plunge yet. But perhaps – now that my secret is out – I will do exactly that.

No comments: