Monday, September 17, 2012

Barbie Games with Ken


One of the most distinctive things I remember about growing up playing Barbie games is how jealous I would get of my sister's Ken doll. She had the Ken doll with the blonde plastic hair while I was stuck with the more stylish. but also more foolish Derek doll. It was the eighties and Derek - at least I think that was his name - ran around with a full head of hair on his head. He had curly hair that I didn't think was particularly attractive. I always preferred Ken's more clean-cut look.

I was sad the day I realized that my mom had cleaned out the closet and given away all of the old Barbie toys. I was able to hang onto a couple of dolls at the time, but I never did see what happened to that Ken doll. Fortunately, I've outgrown my own Ken doll games, but with a niece about the right age, it's only a matter of time before I start buying an entirely new collection of Barbie game and you can be sure that I'll be buying a Ken doll right along with Barbie and her friends.

No comments: