Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Favorite Gift: Barbie Games


I’m not sure why, but I seem to be in line for any number of presents for girls every year, and no matter how old a girl is, I buy her a Barbie doll. Fortunately, Barbie games are very accommodating and I can find a Barbie that appeals to just about anyone – especially with the cross marketing with Disney shows.

Younger girls get Barbie games that are dressed like princesses or just normal people with great clothes and tiny shoes. These are a universal hit because no girl every really outgrows wanting to be a princess, and at four or five years of age the urge to be a princess is incredibly strong.

Older girls will enjoy a more elaborate Barbie game such as the special edition Barbies, but my absolute favorite choice for these girls are the Barbies shaped like their favorite characters from various shows. How can you not love a Camp Rock or High School Musical Barbie doll? Some of them even come with songs or microphones!

Even my adult friends have been known to receive a Barbie. Special edition and annual productions of Barbies are terrific collector’s items and they are also a nice way to make someone smile. After all, virtually every little girl had a Barbie and we still love them today.

No comments: