Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Barbie Games and Collections


I keep getting various ideas about how to collect Barbie games to use in collections down the road. I’m not a collector by nature, but occasionally, I’ll think of something fun to do with old toys and Barbies are one of those. One of the most interesting things I’ve considered is displays of Barbies in all their various forms of dress.

I’ll admit that I love Barbie dolls and how glamorous they can look in their pretty dresses and designer outfits. I also like the Barbies that have a purpose such as the veterinarian Barbie, the pilot Barbie and the doctor Barbie. The whole idea is appealing to me on a girly level, and one of these days I’m going to break down and actually start collecting the dolls to display in my office or around the house. I do think they would need to be displayed however. The one Barbie I kept from my youth experienced total hair loss after being stored in a hot attic. It was a shame, really.

No comments: