Saturday, January 16, 2010

Barbie Games and Good Times


Some of my fondest memories of toys growing up were related to Barbie games. My two sisters and I would settle down with the Barbies and play all kinds of games that weren’t just about fashion. We had Barbies who rode horses and Barbies that lived in mansions. I remember dragging the Barbie dream house out of my room so that everyone could play with it and my sister would throw in the horse and a few of the prettier dresses.

The younger sister had some of the more interesting characters to contribute. She was Skipper, Barbie’s little sister, and she was the only one who didn’t have a Ken doll to play with. I had the blonde Ken for my beautiful Barbie doll and my older sister had the dark haired Ken doll, who I believe was correctly named Derek. Our boys didn’t have “real” hair the way the boy dolls do today. They had plastic hair which was just fine with us – much more conservative that way – a perfect prince for our princess Barbie games.  

No comments: