Friday, May 7, 2010

Barbie Games: Life in Plastic Heels


What would it be like to live life in plastic heels? I have a fondness for cute shoes, but even at my most fashionable I’d never be in heels as much as the Barbie games seem to be. Even fashion models are not in heels often. But outside of just the uncomfortable nature of the shoes, there is a lot to say about Barbie and her lifestyle.

I can’t imagine the scrutiny of living her life. Barbie is the most iconic woman in the world. Everyone knows who she is and how she is supposed to look. She’s never gained any weight and she’s only changed her hairstyle once or twice in her lifetime. Barbie has an impressive wardrobe, but I wonder if she ever gets a chance to really just cut loose and relax with friends. I image being one of the most famously beautiful women in the world would severely cramp your casual image. But then, if I’d been around fifty years, I’m reasonably sure I’d just start making my own rules at some point. And I’d start with a pair of adorable plastic flats.

No comments: