Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Retro Barbie Games


The Barbie games that date back to the past are the most interesting Barbie games I’ve seen of late. I was recently walking down the toy aisle and saw some Barbie games that actually made me stop and pay attention. The Barbie games box in front of me was holding a Barbie with blonde hair and a peach ball gown. The dress had rhinestones and sparkles over a sweetheart neckline and a long flowing peach skirt.

I was totally amazed. The last time I’d seen that particular Barbie was about twenty years ago when I was playing with the original version. Actually, that Barbie was my sister’s. My older sister had the Barbie with the flowing peach gown, but we all used that gown when it was time to dress up our Barbies for a grand adventure or a special ball. We’d dress up Barbie and have Ken pick her up in the silver corvette. Even now I’m smiling thinking of that retro Barbie. It was hard for me to leave it on the shelf. If I see it again, I might just pick her up for old time’s sake.

No comments: