Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Playing Barbie Games after School


I like to watch my younger sister come home from school. She’s excited about learning and since she only has a few minutes of homework every evening, she’s able to spend plenty of time playing with her favorite toys – the Barbie games. I can sit at the table working on my homework for extended periods of time while she plays quite contentedly in the next room. The Barbie games make me smile because it’s nice to see the innocence that comes with the early years of school.

My little sister is like many young children. She’s young enough to enjoy school and not be frustrated by it. It’s all new to her and she loves her warm and friendly teacher who thinks of fun projects and experiments to do in class. She loves to dress up for classes and to carry her Barbie games lunch box. And when she gets home, she just picks right back up with the Barbie games she was playing the day before. While I’m happy watching her be happy, I’m also just a tiny bit jealous of how carefree she is playing – enjoying herself and totally free of anything that resembles stress. It’s a charmed life with her Barbie games and I find myself charmed by it as well.

No comments: