Saturday, February 20, 2010

Barbie Games and Little Girls


There is something about the Barbie games out there that always seem to bring out the child in me. I fee like a little girl again when I play the Barbie games either online or off. For example, my young cousin was over just the other day and brought along a giant box of Barbies and accessories. I sat down to play Barbies with her and looked up to find that hours had gone by while I dressed the dolls and did their hair. I made Barbie pretty and, much to my cousin’s delight, got her ready for a big date with Ken.

She had Ken drive up in the Barbie car and they rode off together into the sunset. Things were so simple playing Barbie. It didn’t matter that I wasn’t “supposed” to be crawling on the floor pushing the Barbie car around. It didn’t matter a bit that I spent thirty minutes fixing Barbie’s hair for a big date. It reminded me of how I would spend my time when I was much younger and life was carefree and easy. Not, of course, that I have a hard life now, but there’s something to be said for flashing back to the good ol’ days when you can.

No comments: