Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Barbie Games and Me


I’ve always loved Barbie games. The small dolls with their adorable fashions and accessories have always appealed to me. I know I’m not the only one who loves the Barbie games, but among my friends I’m easily the most obsessed. It’s nice in a way though to have a hobby that’s not especially expensive and doesn’t create much of a stir. I collect Barbies and entertain myself making Barbie clothing for me and for friends, or children of friends, or for those who like to buy such things online.

It’s a fun hobby to have since it’s so nicely simplistic and yet fashionable. Barbie has changed so much over time it’s a joy to look at my collection and watch her grow and change. It makes you wonder what it might have been like to play with Barbies in the fifties or the sixties. The Barbie doll looks so dramatically different you just know it had to be a world away from what we know and enjoy now. As far as I’m concerned, I’m not convinced it wasn’t better back then.

No comments: