Saturday, February 27, 2010

Why Do We Pick on Barbie Games?


What is it about the beautiful blond doll that makes us want to pick on her so badly. Like most girls, I loved Barbie when I was younger – much younger – but now that I’m older, I can’t faithfully declare my allegiance to my Barbies without having to hear horror stories of the things people have done to the dedicated little doll. Barbies are a classic toy, even if yours are all new, and the classic beauty of Barbie is obviously to blame.

Barbie is easy to love or hate. She’s beautiful. She’s classy. She’s well dressed. She’s plastic. And we abuse this poor plastic doll unmercifully. If you’re like me the first thing you did to your Barbie games were to cut their hair. It starts innocently enough with trying to create an actual hairstyle for Barbie, but then it dissolves into humor and Barbie ends up with a shaved head. Then, my Barbies started to sport tattoos and clothing that were a bit skimpy for her usual wardrobe. Skimpy clothes or not, however, I’m just proud I can say I never blew up any of my Barbies.

No comments: