Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Barbie Games and Dream Houses


I personally never realized that Barbie had quite so many dream houses. I’ve been peeking through toy catalogs over the last few weeks and I’ve come across at least three different Barbie dream houses in those booklets in the last week alone. When I was playing Barbie games once upon a time, there were maybe two Barbie dream houses, and they were separated by years in designs. My older sister had a Barbie dream house passed on from a friend. I was fortunate enough to get a new one for Christmas when I was six or so. It was rather majestic with an elevator, although it was missing any furniture.

Today, however, there seem to be a full collection of Barbie games including any number of houses to choose from. The collection of Barbie games isn’t surprising considering how popular the games are with young girls, but I’ll admit that even I was a bit surprised to see that many housing options for Barbie. Perhaps she is going to single-handedly bring back the housing market one dream house at a time.

No comments: