Saturday, August 29, 2009

Barbie Games and Growing Up


I’m often at a mix emotionally about growing up. There are certainly things I’d love to do as a grown-up that I can’t do now, but then I think about giving up the best things about childhood and I feel like crying. There are so many things that are great about being a kid. I love not having bills to pay and I love the freedom to do nothing on the weekends if I want to. If I were to pick something that makes it clear, I find Barbie games to be particularly nice. They symbolize everything I love about not growing up.

I can play Barbie games day or night. I don’t have to worry about getting up for a job or even getting up for school in the summer. I can invite friends over and do nothing except play Barbie games for hours on end. When I’m feeling sentimental about childhood, I can open my box of Barbie dolls and play Barbie games with those. Sit on my twin-sized bed and dress and undress Barbies in all of their pretty, cute clothes. It’s a simple life, and truly one that I love.

No comments: