Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Playing Barbie Games My Way


As much as I love the pretty Barbie dolls that arrive in the pretty pink boxes, I think it’s important to express my individuality by playing Barbie games in my very own special way. I like to play a bit rougher with my Barbie games than other girls might, but so far the blonde bombshell has been up to the challenge. My Barbies have seen the world and are wiser for it.

When I was younger, I took my Barbie games with me everywhere. Barbie got to ride inside suitcases. She rode on the seat of the car next to me. She survived over a hundred degrees inside a locked car – although her head was a bit extra squishy for a while after that. I think at one time Barbie might have even been a victim of car sickness, and I mean my car sickness.

But Barbie survived all of this with flying colors. She had only a handful of outfits to wear and none of her little plastic friends along for the ride, but she kept me company. We played together in the back seat and I spent hours learning to braid her hair. Barbie games for me were a right of passage more than just a way to pass the hours – although she did both well.

No comments: