Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Barbie Games and Movies


There are many movies that seem to become Barbie dolls. I’m sure I could look it up and find the licensing agreements and such, but I’m not complaining. I like the idea of having a Barbie that is an exact replica of my favorite characters. The only complaint I might have about Barbies who appear to be characters is that they already have a built in story line.

For the girls without imaginations, they might think that the only way they can “play” with Gabriella, for example, would be to make her sing karaoke or put her in a high school musical. Barbie’s personality is wide open, but it would feel weird making Sandra D a mean girl or something when playing her character.

The guys are even worse. Ken is a total blank slate, but Barbie games with preformed Barbie men are challenging. Somehow, at least for me, it’s even more challenging to come up with a new personality or storyline for the guy in a movie than the girl. Although it could simple be that I need more practice. Maybe it’s time for some new Barbies.

No comments: