Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Experience with Barbie Games


My first memory of a Barbie doll dates back as early as my third birthday (I think.) It might have been my fourth now that I think about it. But regardless, I was young and the Barbies were my friends in a big way. Playing Barbie games with my two sisters is a pretty stand-out memory from my childhood, and when we played Barbie games, we all had different roles and items to our names.

My older sister got the horse and the convertible. It was a silver Corvette in those days. My younger sister got Skipper, the preteen Barbie doll and Ken, I believe. But I was the one who got the Barbie dream house. My Barbie house was large, had five rooms and an elevator. It was missing stairs, however. The dream house had a special place in my room, and when we moved, it moved with us.

I used to drag the house into the center of the room, pull out all of my Barbies and play happily for hours playing hostess at elaborate parties or getting Barbie ready for a hot date. I then had to borrow both Ken and his car from two different sisters to make this work, but usually Barbie was dressed so well, it was worth it.

No comments: